24 August 2026

 Monday, August 24, 2026
Anderson, IN

This week was a little rough and also one of my favorites.

We have been working with a family who are members of the church and wanting to return to actively attending.  They are literally my favorite! The family consists of a mom and her triplets who are teens and the kids have so many questions about Jesus Christ and the Church! We were teaching them the Plan of Salvation and they were understanding and loving it! 

Wednesday we tried to have a lesson with our friend who has a baptism date, but she was acting really weird so we weren't able to teach her, but it felt like it was actually for the best. Thursday we had our Mission Tour, the first part was over zoom which was very interesting. It was difficult to hear them and it was hard to focus just sitting in our apartment, but I was still able to learn some really cool things to help with our missionary work. 

Thursday night we drove to Fort Wayne for the second half of the Mission Tour and we had a sleep over with some sister missionaries there. It was fun but also exhausting because we had to sleep on the floor.  I was able to sing a musical number for the mission tour! It was pretty good, although for some reason I got super nervous; it was obvious I was nervous too. I learned so much about the sacrament and the atonement of Jesus Christ from the Mission Tour!  I'm so excited to share it with all the people we meet!

Sunday we had a lesson with Anderson who we've been teaching since I arrived in this area and it went pretty well. The members from the ward helping us teach were really able to teach better to his needs and understanding and I think he is finally starting to get it! Then the members said they really wanted me to stay for another transfer. That literally made my whole week and mission!

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT 

Something I learned about the Book of Mormon this week was that the details of the atonement are only in the Book of Mormon. From the Bible we understand the actions that took place, but not really that because of the atonement of Jesus Christ that we can know him on a personal level and have a deep relationship with him! Which I am so grateful to have and I know that my life would look very different without having that relationship!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 December 2025

20 October 2025

08 December 2025